There is much talk on the Internet about SEO and SEA, but what does those words mean exactly? Because my main specialization is SEO and SEA, I’d put out the differences and the advantages and disadvantages between SEA and SEO. Let’s start by explaining the concepts.
What is SEO?
The definition of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as follows: SEO is optimizing (mobile) websites for people searching for relevant results in search engines like the search engines Google and Bing. With SEO you optimize your website by improving internal and external factors to increase the number of relevant visitors to the (mobile) website or app on relevant keywords (keywords or keyword combinations) from search engines. Here are over 200 factors of interest which are categorized into three components called the technology, content and authority. This form of search engine marketing focuses on optimizing the website with the aim to achieve a high position in the organic search results.
What is SEA?
The definition of Search Engine Advertising SEA is as follows: SEA is buying ad space next to, above the natural organic search results by at an auction on search terms (called keywords) that is paid per click for a visitor at your website. You hereby yourself at what keywords your ad to appear. Everytime someone clicks on your ad, this will cost you a certain amount. The cost per click depends on the quality of the keyword and the competition in the search. The goal of SEA is to generate impressions as much as possible and to get as many clicks on your ad ultimately to achieve conversion.
Advantages and disadvantages SEO
When you’re optimizing your website, you will not be at the top of Google the next day. This may take a few weeks or a month. This depends on Google and also depends on what your competition is doing. However, once you at the top, it will cost you nothing. This entry on the Google search network is in fact free.
Another advantage is that when you’re just not paying attention to your SEO, you will not suddenly be invisible and a few pages down. You drop it gradually away, but that, again, depends on your competition. These are working as well and so they can steal your position.
Advantages and disadvantages SEA
One of the great advantages of SEA is the speed at which your top. Today when you start advertising you already are at the top tomorrow. The downside is that you are missing right away when you stop SEA. Another advantage is that you have control over the costs themselves, because you determine what your daily budget and at all can stop time.
A disadvantage is the fact that advertising costs money. You pay as you have read above, per click. For clarity, I put a bit characteristics (advantages and disadvantages) for you in an overview:
- Directed and quickly increase your visibility and get potential customers to your website
- You can advertise targeted, so you can easily set up an area in which you want to advertise. This is useful for small businesses that primarily want to reach nearby customers.
- You will almost immediately appear on the top, right or bottom.
- Be conversions (leads, sales) realize on your website.
- SEA is a short term strategy: stop advertising and your visibility is immediately gone.
- SEA can cost you a lot of money, depending on your sector, range and competition. Moreover, you can also make a lot of mistakes if you don’t have the knowledge.
- Takes more time and work than SEA to reach the top, but on the other hand, the entry is free.
- You get the right visitors to your website visitors are looking for information and solutions you offer or sell.
- Sustainable investment that ensures more visitors and customers.
- Increase your visibility, brand awareness as credibility.
- There is no guarantee that you’ll end up for a particular search term on the first page of the search results.
- Stop SEO work = gradually sink.
Ultimate SEO provides additional resources for SEA and vice versa (good keywords in SEA are you going to apply in SEO!) and reduced the costs per click. And if you do it really well, adjust SEA at one point only to the long tail keywords. This ensures relevant results at an acceptable cost. SEO and SEA enrich each other, and thus you get eventually more time for conversion optimization.
Are you interested in a SEO specialisat or a SEA specialist? Please feel free to contact me.
I’ll help you!